Based in Malmö/Halmstad, Sweden
Toppluva is a casual skiing game for iOS - set in the 70's. The focus is on precise "tap-to-turn" controls that are simple but that still holds a lot of depth where the player can hone their skills in search of that perfect run.
After 3 years of developing the perfect ski turn algorithm we’re ready to take some beta testers aboard for Toppluva (Swedish for ‘beanie’). Set in the 70’s (or the “golden age of slalom” as we like to call it) when skiing without helmets was perfectly normal, Toppluva should appeal to anyone who likes a real challenge. Swoosh down the mountain using our insanely “simple-but-deep” control scheme, hunting tenths and even hundredths of a second, in search of that perfect run. Toppluva should be released sometime during the summer of 2017.
- Weird Swedish name
- Simple control scheme that still holds tons of depth where the player can hone their skills to perfection
- 70’s vibe
- 48 hand crafted levels and more in the works
- Art by the awesome a4man (a4man.com)
- Original tiroler music from Ukraine (I know that doesn’t make sense but it works)
- Secret missions to unlock a bunch of characters
Logo & Icon
PapaQuark is a small game studio based in the south of Sweden. We make games - mostly for mobile platforms. Sometimes weird, sometimes hard, sometimes deep - but always with a lot of love (and beer).
More information on PapaQuark, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Michael Granath, PapaQuark
Game design, Programming
Andreas Thuröe, PapaQuark
Game design, Sound, Business stuff
Adam Foreman, a4man